"We go to a travel agent to help us with a $15,000 holiday, why wouldn't we get help with something as complex and costly as a home extension?'
Stage 1 - Explore
- Discuss design options and cost expectations. Ground floor or second storey? Is an attic Conversion an option? How much could it cost?
- Budget assessment and advice
- Assistance in selecting a suitable architect or drafter depending on your budget and style
- Fixed price concept design agreements at trade prices
- 2D and 3D concept design options
- Detailed preliminary costing during the concept design phase to ensure what is being designed can be built for your budget
- One fixed price for the design, costing and management of the concept design phase.
This stage is critically important to minimising your risk and to the overall success of your project. See our 'Design treadmill' section on our potential traps page for more information.
Stage 2 - Detailed designs and approval
- Detailed design refinement with an architect or drafter
- Working construction drawings
- Engineering plans
- BASIX reports
- Complete DA and certification management utilising our network of industry professionals
- Optional Interior and joinery design packages
- Detailed specifications
- Access to trade prices
- 1 on 1 assistance throughout
At Haven Advocates we will guide you through the minefield that is DA approval and certification. Whether you simply need a construction certificate or a more detailed DA, we are there to help to ensure this stage happens as quickly and as cost effectively as possible.
Stage 3 - Detailed final costing, sourcing, interviewing and selecting builders, negotiating prices and contracts
- Completion of a detailed cost and material breakdown for your project prior to contacting builders
- Site visits and meetings with potential builders
- Obtaining, assessing and refining of builders quotes
- Price negotiations with the backing of independent costing and quantity breakdown
- Assistance in final builder choice
- Help with understanding contracts
- 1 central contact for both homeowner and builder
- Progress payment schedules
This stage can have the greatest impact on the quality and cost of your project. It can also take the most time. We aim to improve the process for both builders and homeowners, resulting in huge time and cost savings as well as better outcomes.
You may only do this a couple of times in your life and you can't be expected to understand what things will cost and what you are getting for your money. Home extensions regularly cost hundreds of thousands of dollars meaning a few percent difference can make an enormous difference to your final contract price.
Stage 4 - Ongoing support
- Fixtures and fitting selections
- Access to trade pricing
- Dispute resolution using our network of industry professionals
- Quality control and assesment
Whether you need all or some of what we can help with, please don't hesitate to call or email us to see how we can help make your extension dreams a reality.